This company has over 40 years of lawn and landscaping equipment sales and service to customers in Mecklenburg County and the greater Charlotte metro area. It has dealer agreements with major lawn equipment brands such as STIHL, SCAG, Husqvarna, and Exmark. The business offers new and pre-owned equipment sales as well as a full-service parts and service department to its customers. Customers include both commercial landscaping firms and residential owners.
- Long history in the community with an extensive, loyal customer base
- Reputation for strong, personalized customer service
- Fast turnaround for service and repairs
- Dealer agreements with top name brands of equipment (STIHL Elite dealer)
- High-visibility location on a major highway
Perfect Opportunity For
- Strategic buyer looking to gain additional market share
- Individual seeking a business with steady revenue and cash flow with growth potential
- Private Equity Group looking for bolt-on acquisitions in the yard services and landscaping related sector
Detailed Business Information
- Number of employees: six full-time in addition to the seller
- Year Established: Mid-1970s
- Facilities: 4,200 square foot showroom/shop/service facility located on a high-traffic highway near new housing developments.
- Support/Training: The seller will remain on board 30-days post-close to facilitate a smooth transition. The seller is willing to remain on board for an extended period per a separate agreement.
- Reasons for Selling: Seller desires to focus on their real estate business and take care of family obligations with aging parents.
- Competition/Market Pros and Cons: The business has a larger share of service to homeowners than its nearest competitors. It has a similar market share of commercial accounts to all but one of its competitors. The company provides a strong, personalized customer service that is not available everywhere, especially at big box stores.
- Growth and Expansion Pros and Cons:
- Adding an outside salesperson could generate an estimated $150,000 in new revenue.
- Adding new product lines and equipment such as auto mowers and battery-powered equipment along with an installation crew for these products could generate an estimated $160,000 to $170,000 in new revenue.
- New housing developments in the area are continually under development which will provide new customer opportunities.
For more information contact Jeff Edge at (704) 912-5070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
INQUIRE ABOUT THIS BUSINESS
(use this form to email Jeff Edge)