Viking Mergers’ Entrepreneur Endorsement Scholarship
At Viking, we believe in fostering and encouraging the entrepreneurs of tomorrow. This is why we created our Entrepreneur Endorsement Scholarship, which is designed to help offset the costs of education for college students who have shown a demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship. Learn more about this scholarship below.
- Amount: $1,000
- Deadline: December 1, 2018
- Award Date: December 31, 2018
Viking Mergers & Acquisitions understands the importance of small and local businesses. We are excited to see the new ideas of the future entrepreneurs, but we know starting a business can be financially straining. Tack on the cost of education, and the financial burden grows even further. Viking wants to inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs and foster small business growth in America. That’s why we’ve created the Entrepreneur Endorsement Scholarship.
Our scholarship supports students in their quest for an education by providing funds for tuition, books, room & board, and other fees directly associated with their education. Any student showing a demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship can apply.
About Viking’s Entrepreneurial Story
After selling his third business, serial entrepreneur Brad Offerdahl discovered a void in the professional M&A arena in Charlotte, NC. Brad teamed up with his son Jay and founded Viking Mergers and 20 years later. This father-son team still strives to secure the future of business owners in the Southeast by engaging their entrepreneurial spirit. Their company has managed over 500 business transactions – helping sellers with an exit strategy and helping buyers to acquire profitable, reputable businesses and realize the dream of entrepreneurship for themselves.
Scholarship Eligibility and Requirements
Those applying need to be able to demonstrate an interest in entrepreneurship. Demonstration can include ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Majoring in business, entrepreneurship, or small business management
- Currently operating a side business while in college
- Involvement in a family business
- Being involved in an activity that will support their business/career goals of entrepreneurship. For example: if you wish to open a dance studio, and you’re majoring in dance, but you teach dance on the side to a few kids, or if you’re an active member of an entrepreneur club or organization at your school.
As part of the application process, you’ll need to explain how your major, business, or extracurricular activities express your interest in entrepreneurship.
Applicants must be undergraduate or graduate students enrolled an accredited college or university in the United States, and also have a GPA of at least 2.5 for the prior semester or otherwise have an academic status in “good standing” (if GPAs are not used). The winner must apply the full amount of the scholarship towards costs directly associated with the cost of education within 12 months of receiving the award. These costs include: tuition, books, room & board, etc. Previous recipients of this scholarship are not eligible to apply in any subsequent years.
Please submit the following:
- An online application (see form below)
- A formal letter of recommendation
- A short essay (400 – 600 words) that answers the following questions:If you could start a company or business with a celebrity (dead or alive), whom would it be and why? Also, what type of company or business would you start with that celebrity and why?