About Viking Mergers & Acquisitions
In 1995, serial entrepreneur Brad Offerdahl sold his 3rd business and realized there was a need for a professional firm to help the main street business owner that doesn’t have $50,000,000 in sales and a board of directors running the company.
Always the entrepreneur, Brad realized that he could transform his real-world knowledge into a business opportunity. And in 1996, Brad Offerdahl and his son Jay Offerdahl started Viking Mergers & Acquisitions, focused on providing comprehensive business acquisition and business brokerage services with an emphasis on communication, confidentiality and closing sales.
Viking has continued to grow. Since 1996
- The Viking team has closed more than 600 business transactions, the vast majority of which (96%) are still in business today despite the economic downturn and over 24 years later
- Viking has become the largest group of its kind in the Southeast, with 35 employees focused on helping business owners get top dollar when it’s time to sell
- Our success rate in selling businesses is 3x the industry average
- On average, businesses we list sell for at least 96% of the published asking price
Our Purpose Statement
Guiding entrepreneurs while being humble servant leaders in our communities and for our families as we pursue our vision with God’s blessing.
Our Mission Statement
Securing entrepreneur’s futures through professional representation.
Our Vision Statement
To be the largest and most reputable business sales and advisory firm serving closely held businesses in the U.S.
Our Core Values
It is the goal of Viking Mergers and Acquisitions to represent, defend, and adhere to the following Core Values in every aspect of business:
- Integrity: We strive to uphold the highest level of professional behavior and ethical standards so that our clients are treated respectfully and fairly each and every time.
- Compassion: With over half of our staff being previous business owners, we know the challenges of buying and selling a business and we are there with you every step of the way. You are never alone in our process.
- Entrepreneurial: We believe in the power of small business and the importance of entrepreneurs. We know how to nurture, grow, and encourage the entrepreneurial spirit internally and externally.
- Innovative: Viking recognizes the need for constant change in order to grow in this ever evolving industry and world. We strive to never settle and are always looking for the more effective and efficient way.
- Collaborative: The Viking team consists of individuals who bring an array of skills, knowledge, and experiences together to form a well diverse team that functions fluidly in order to serve our clients to the best of our ability.
We’ve Been in Your Shoes
Unlike other brokerage firms, the vast majority of our employees, Over 50%, have been business owners themselves. They have a keen understanding of what it takes to build and sell a business. We’ve been in your shoes, and we can put our experience to work for your business. Get in touch with Viking today for a complimentary consultation with one of our team members.
Creating Future Entrepreneurs
Having a team that is mostly small business owners and entrepreneurs ourselves, we believe in giving back to the community and in supporting future entrepreneurs. For this reason, we created the Entrepreneur Endorsement Scholarship.