Viking Mergers & Acquisitions (HQ)
17250 Lancaster Hwy, Ste 601
Charlotte, NC 28277
Jay’s father, Brad, was a serial entrepreneur growing and selling 3 of his own businesses. Brad saw an opportunity to take his real-world knowledge to assist other closely held business owners with their exit strategy. After graduating from Appalachian State with a Finance degree, Jay started working with his father, at Viking Mergers & Acquisitions in 1996. In 2015, Jay bought out his father and continued to grow the business opening up additional offices. Today, Viking has 7 offices and is the largest of its kind in the Southeast. Jay continues to be recognized as a trusted top producing business intermediary in the Carolinas, while helping lead and guide the Viking team with record growth. Jay’s dedication and experience, combined with his passion for serving business owners, are found in hundreds of successfully closed transactions and satisfied client testimonials.
Jay has served on the board of Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) – Charlotte Chapter, including Vice President and then Preside`nt. He also has served as chairman of the Department of Finance Board at Appalachian State for over 10 years, helping give back to students at his alma mater.
Jay lives in South Charlotte, and is happily married to Deanna, and have a blended family with 5 children.
My Recent Posts
- M&A Firm vs. Industry Expert:
- Change in Presidential Administration: What might that mean for selling your business?
- When Should I Sell My Business? 4 Signs to Look For
- 7 Steps to Selling a Business
- What MSP Owner’s Should Know Right Now: Q&A with Dan Wilson
- 3 Reasons Entrepreneurs Want to Sell Their Business
- SBA Debt Relief Information – What You Need to Know
- 10 Tips When Preparing Your Business For Sale
- SBA announces debt relief for new buyers that are purchasing a business
- Do You Know Your Current Lending Options?
- How Do I Apply for a COVID-19 Relief Loan?
- Charlotte’s Leading Business Brokerage Firm, Viking Mergers & Acquisitions, Expands Growing Partnership Team
- Baby Boomers and Business Transition Growth: What to Expect in the Next Decade and How to Prepare for the Sale
- How to Let Your Employees Know That You’re Selling the Business
- Tips for Choosing the Best Location for Your Business
- 5 M&A Obstacles and How to Prevent Them
- 2018’s 5 Most Profitable Industries to Buy a Business in
- Four Things to Consider When Looking to Acquire a Business
- Viking Mergers & Acquisitions accepted into Forbes Finance Council
- 7 Key Questions Buyers Should Always Ask
- When is the right time to Sell my Business? When Everything is Going Great.
- 19-Year-Old Charlotte-Based Machine Shop, Tri-Tec Industries, Sold to ZP Enterprises, LLC
- Selling a Business on Your Own: Do You Need a Broker?
- Viking Mergers Announces the Sale of Major Contractors, Local Electrical Contracting Firm
- 4 Ways to Get Top Dollar for a Pet Care Facility
- 10 Hottest Industries to Buy a Business in Right Now (2016)
- The Guide to Selling a Self-Storage Business
- 5 Major Business Tax Deductions Explained
- Small Business End of the Year Checklist
- 10 Mistakes People Make When Starting a Business
- Tips to Consider when Selling a Medical Practice
- The Industries that Made Warren Buffett Rich
- What You Need to Know About Selling an Insurance Firm
- Seller’s Discretionary Earnings Explained
- Redefining Retirement: Baby Boomers’ Game Plan
- Overlooked Tax Credits that Help Business Owners
- Comprehensive Benefits Solutions sold by Viking M&A
- Viking Mergers Office Open in Huntersville!
- Business Owners in Charlotte: 2015 Expectations
- Sky High Sports Sold by Viking Mergers & Acquisitions
- Viking Mergers Completes Sale of Knot Yet Cabinet Works
- “How do I tell my employees I’ve sold the business?”
- Anytime Fitness Sold by Viking Mergers & Acquisitions
- Viking Mergers Sells Meadows Bed & Biscuit of Huntersville
- 5 Things to Remember When Negotiating a Business Deal
- Recession Recovery: Small Business Loans Are On The Rise
- Jay Offerdahl of Viking Mergers Facilitates Sale of Native Staffing