The Process of Buying a Business
Expert Guidance Through the Business Buying Process
Buying a business can be one of the biggest decisions you ever make. Choose the right business and you’re setting yourself up for the freedom, flexibility and feelings of pride that owning a business brings. However, if you choose the wrong business or a business that isn’t a good fit for you, you could be facing years of frustration, heartache and debt.
The buying process can be confusing, especially if you’ve never purchased a business before. At Viking Mergers & Acquisitions, we pride ourselves on taking a straightforward, 5-step process to helping individuals buy a business:
1. Get in touch: Send us an email or give us a call to start the conversation; if you’re local we’ll invite you in for an interview. Otherwise, we’ll schedule a call.
2. Get to know you: During the interview, we find out more about your likes and dislikes, your strengths and weaknesses, and the types of businesses in which you have an interest.
3. Get opportunities in front of you: After working with you to secure the proper nondisclosure or confidentiality agreements to protect our sellers, we present you with business opportunities that match your needs and preferences.
4. Get you the info you need to decide: When you find a business that’s a good fit we’ll ensure you have the info you need to make an informed decision. We’ll introduce you to the business, let you review the financials and give you the time to perform your own due diligence prior to making a contingent offer and obtaining financing.
5. Get you the business you want: Once the seller has agreed to the contingencies and conditions in your offer and you’ve obtained financing, it’s time to close the deal. We stay involved at every step of the process—through closing—to help streamline the transaction and address any issues or concerns that arise.
Viking is committed to helping individuals, families and partnerships successfully navigate the business buying process. Contact us today for more information on our currently available business opportunities, or to be kept abreast of new listings as they become available.